For undergraduate courses in Crop Science. May also be appropriate for Plant Science, and Horticulture courses.
This book provides the most comprehensive, detailed coverage of crop production issues in the United States.
Table of Contents
Part I. UNDERLYING PRINCIPLES.
1. Crop Production and Society.
2. Plant Morphology.
3. Fundamental Plant Growth Processes.
4. Plant Growth and Development.
5. Crop Improvement.
6. Climate and Weather.
7. Soil and Land.
8. Plant Nutrients and Fertilizers.
9. Plant and Soil Water.
10. Pests in Crop Production.
11. Agricultural Production Systems.
12. Organic Crop Production.
13. Transgenics in Crop Production.
14. Rangeland and Pastures and Their Management.
15. Tillage Systems and Farm Energy.
16. Seed, Seedling, and Seeding.
17. Harvesting and Storage of Crops.
18. Marketing and Handling Grain Crops.
Part II. COMMERCIAL PRODUCTION OF SELECTED FIELD CROPS.
19. Wheat (Common).