For undergraduate courses in Food Safety and Sanitation, Food & Beverage Management, and Hotel Operations where students are seeking national Food Service Certification. Additionally a great tool for food service industry managers.
If you work with food or manage those who do, you know the importance of providing safe food for your customers, guests, or staff. This new, full color guide contains the “must know” information about food safety and sanitation in the food service industry. Geared to the industry supervisor, this book is designed to give you the key concepts and details you need to ensure safe food. This book will serve as an effective learning tool for any food handling facility from supermarkets to care centers to restaurants. Use this book to prepare for any one of the national certification exams or as a teaching tool for training everyone on the basics of food safety. Also available in Spanish!
Table of Contents
1. Food Safety and Sanitation Management.
2. Hazards to Food Safety.
3. Factors That Affect Foodborne Illnesses.
4. Following the Food Product Flow.
5. The Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) System.
6. Facilities, Equipment, and Utensils.
7. Cleaning and Sanitizing Operations.
8. Environmental Sanitation and Maintenance.
9. Accident Prevention and Crisis Management.
10. Education and Training.
11. Food Safety Regulations.