Praise for this book:
It has abundant clinical notes, helpful color-coding and consistent formatting throughout. If you are a student you will be impatient to get Volume 2, 'Internal Organs', and Volume 3, 'Nervous System and Sensory Organs', for your book collection.--European Neurology
Now includes access to WinkingSkull.com PLUS!
A sound understanding of the structure and function of the human body in all of its intricacies is the foundation of a complete medical education. Now in its sixth edition, this classic work makes the task of mastering this vast body of information easier and less daunting with its many user-friendly features:
- Hundreds of outstanding full-color illustrations
- Clear organization according to anatomical system
- Abundant clinical notes
- Side-by-side images and explanatory text
- Helpful color-coding and consistent formatting throughout
- Useful references and suggestions for further reading
Emphasizing clinical anatomy, the text integrates current information from an array of medical disciplines into the discussions of the locomotor system, including:
- General anatomy
- The systematic anatomy of the locomotor system
- The topography of peripheral nerves and vessels in relation to the musculoskeletal system
- Each section now features an overview of anatomical terms and their Latin equivalents
- An index of proper names for the interested reader
New Feature: A scratch-off code provides access to WinkingSkull.com PLUS, an interactive online study aid, featuring 600+ full-color anatomy illustrations and radiographs, labels-on, labels-off functionality, and timed self-tests.
Locomotor System, and its companions, Volume 2: Internal Organs and Volume 3: Nervous System and Sensory Organs, comprise a must-have resource for students of medicine, dentistry, and all allied health fields.
Teaching anatomy? We have the educational e-product you need.
Instructors can use the Thieme Teaching Assistant: Anatomy to download and easily import 2,000+ full-color illustrations to enhance presentations, course materials, and handouts.