For courses in Introduction to Foodservice Management and Introduction to Food and Beverage Service. This 10th edition of a classic text has been thoroughly revised and updated to include the latest and most relevant information in the field of foodservice management. It includes the basic principles of foodservice that can be applied to the operation of any type of foodservice. The impact of current social, economic, technological, and political factors on these operations is also included.
I. THE FOUNDATIONS.
1. The Foodservice Industry.
2. The Systems Approach.
II. THE FUNDAMENTALS.
3. Food Safety and HACCP.
4. Cleaning, Sanitation and Safety.
5. The Menu.
III. THE OPERATIONAL FUNCTIONS.
7. Receiving, Storage and Inventory.
IV. THE FACILITIES.
10. Environmental Management.
11. Facilities Planning and Design.
12. Equipment and Furnishings.
V. THE MANAGEMENT FUNCTIONS.
14. Organizational Design.
15. Quality Management.
16. Human Resource Management.
17. Accounting Procedures.
Appendix A: Cooking Principles.
Appendix B: Foodservice Equipment.